Prep Time 30 minutes
2 bone-in pork chops – approximately 1 inch thick
salt and pepper
2 Tbsp. minced shallots
1/4 cup Jack Daniels
1 or 2 peaches – peeled, pitted and sliced into 8ths
1/4 cup maple syrup
1. Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a large non-stick pan on medium heat. Add pork chops and brown about 5 minutes on each side. Remove pork chops and cover on a plate to keep warm.
3. Add shallots to the pan and sauté about 1 minute.
4. Take pan off the heat. Deglaze pan with Jack Daniels and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of pan.
5. Return pan to the heat and add the peaches and the maple syrup. Bring to a boil and simmer about 5 minutes until they are shiny and glossy. Depending on how firm or ripe the peaches are you may need to cook them a bit longer to soften them.
6. Return pork chops to the pan and heat through. Make sure the pork chops are cooked – they should read 145 on an instant-read thermometer.
7. Remove from pan and cover with tinfoil and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
* These are great with a side of rice and a simple green salad.